With over 40 golf courses nationwide, your career opportunities are endless. Touchstone offers positions at all levels of golf course operations and at select facilities positions are available in food & beverage, sales, operations and marketing. If you are looking for a unique family owned company atmosphere with countless opportunities for growth Touchstone is the place for you.
Superintendent, Eagle Pass Golf Course - Eagle Pass, TX
Located in the historic town of Eagle Pass, Texas, Eagle Pass Golf Course is a 9-hole public golf course with two sets of tees to create an 18 hole experience. Located along the Rio Grande River, the course facility includes a clubhouse, driving range and short game practice area. The facility also includes a family-friendly 18-hole miniature golf course.
Oversee all actitives related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. Given the condition of irrigating with reclaimed water, experience managing greens in the enviornment is a necesity. As the facility is owned by the City of Eagle Pass, the position requires frequent interaction with City staff.
See the link below for full job description and to apply.
Superintendent, Battleground Golf Course - Houston, TX
Golf Course Superintendent
The Battleground at Deer Park
The Battle of San Jacinto was fought on April 21, 1836, near present-day Deer Park, TX. This decisive battle of the Texas Revolution may have taken General Samuel Houston and the Texan Army across the land now named in honor of their fight against Santa Anna’s Mexican Army, The Battleground at Deer Park. One hundred and sixty years to the day, April 21, 1996, it was only fitting that an 18-hole golf course opens with a nod to the battle that lasted just 18 minutes.
Maintaining the historical connection, golfers will twice travel across the Pruitt Truss Bridge during their round. In 1892 Simeon Henry West founded the City of Deer Park, about that same time the Pratt Truss Bridge was erected over the Leon River in Cornell County. It is the only surviving bridge built in Texas by the Clinton Bridge and Iron Company of Iowa and 104 years after its initial construction was moved to be a signature piece of The Battleground at Deer Park on opening day.
Golf course architect Tom C. Knickerbocker designed a full golf experience complete with the 18-hole course (The Battleground), a 3-hole course (The Skirmish), three practice greens, and a 7-acre driving range. Ponds and creeks throughout come into play on 11 holes along with 34 bunkers. As challenging as that may seem, there are multiple teeing areas to choose from including one perfect for the youngest of golfers or for the experienced golfer to play a par 3 layout.
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Plan and implement budgets. Hire, train and supervise staff. Apply agronomic, landscaping, and horticultural principles to assure the quality of standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded. Maintain a safe, productive work environment and ensure that market position standards are met, and the golf course continually improves.
See the link below for full job description and to apply.
Private Event Sales & Marketing Director, Glen Annie Golf Course - Santa Barbara, CA
Event & Tournament Sales & Marketing Director – Position Announcement
Glen Annie is accepting applications for the Event Sales and Marketing Position. The primary responsibility is to lead all sales efforts associated with banquet events, including weddings, parties, meetings, tournaments, and other special events.
The preferred candidate will have 2 years of hospitality related sales experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should have a team oriented approach, and demonstrate an ability to work productively in an individual capacity as well as group environment.
Essential job functions:
- Plan and implement strategies to meet the club’s annual revenue target.
- Schedule Tours, Tastings & Follow ups (via Email/Call/Text) for all leads received through various channels.
- Manage the sales and booking of events including dealing with inquiries, following up with potential clients, meeting clients, promoting offers, creating proposals, contracts and event orders.
- Timely client communication and follow up is required.
- Utilize social media, email, direct mail, referral programs and other methods to prospect for events.
- Create a positive brand in the community to attract events to the facility.
- External markets may encompass corporate events, meetings, training events, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, and personal milestone events; (other events may include holiday parties, celebrations of life, school athletic banquets, and fundraisers).
- The Event Sales and Marketing Director will be an ambassador for the property, fostering relationships with individuals & corporations who book events to maintain repeatable and predictable business while prospecting for new events.
- The role extends from the facility to bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community and is also responsible for being a positive role model in both social media formats and public forums by being active and showing consistent participation in all public facing opportunities
- This position works closely with the Banquet Chef when designing custom menus and the entire management team to communicate upcoming events.
- Responsible for generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals which meet and exceed sales goals and budgets
- Help improve pricing and other offerings to continually increase sales closing rates
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with event staff
- Ensure that event staff are thoroughly briefed on client needs and staffing requirements